At least once a week, packages arrive at my door on the same day I've placed the order. (Who doesn't love same-day shoes?) We are spoiled by instant gratification—we love convenience, speed and incredible efficiency.
I'm intrigued by instant, dramatic results promised in the latest skincare trend: face masks. In my experience, masks that tout instant transformations often come with a side effect of burning, redness or pain from peel-away masks that pull at the skin.
In creating the Violet-C Radiance Mask, we wanted to marry the desire for instant results with skin-loving ingredients, creating a gentle, efficacious mask for softer, brighter skin with each use. This creamy rinse off mask embodies Tatcha's signature formulation technique of combining time-tested natural ingredients with modern scientific innovation. The result is baby-soft skin in moments and brightness over time, with none of the irritation.
A few things to know before you glow:
- Beauty without the burn. Alpha Hydroxy Acids, or AHAs, work to loosen dead skin cells and remove debris. Some, such as glycolic or salicylic acids, are harsher and can compromise the skin barrier. We blended together AHAs from seven fruits, a naturally powerful combination to resurface the skin without irritating it.
- Vitamin C—twice as nice. Although the Violet-C Radiance Mask rinses away after 15 minutes, it’s not just a one-hit wonder. The water-soluble Vitamin C offers immediate exfoliation and nourishment for softer, smoother skin in moments; oil-soluble Vitamin C stays with the skin longer to deliver brightening benefits over time.
- Quench skin’s thirst. Some masks can cause a burning or tightening feeling because they dry the skin, stripping away its natural moisture. This mask is enriched with 10% of our nourishing Hadasei-3, a trinity of Japanese superfoods, and a natural humectant called glycerin, which hydrate the skin beneath a layer of Kaolin Clay.
- The beauty of a berry. The glossy purple Japanese Beautyberry helps to protect Vitamin C from degradation, allowing it to remain active and efficacious for longer. It’s also packed with antioxidants to help prevent and repair free radical damage.
- Know your pH. Many peels and masks have a low pH level, which can throw the skin barrier out of balance. A low pH level can also be too aggressive for those with sensitive skin. We formulated the Violet-C Radiance Mask with a neutral pH to be compatible with all skin types, without sacrificing any of the benefits.
I hope you enjoy this pampering treasure for brighter, softer, glowing skin.