We adhere to Japan’s official safety and purity standard, one of the highest in the world. Using natural ingredients from some of the purest sources on record, we apply food science principles to distill time-tested beauty rituals into clean, efficacious concentrates.
Every formula starts in the fields and seas of Japan, where we harvest nutrient-dense green tea, rice bran and algae, the superfoods credited with Japanese longevity. To unlock their bio-available actives, our scientists use a natural process of double fermentation. We look to what is naturally good for the body to discover what is extraordinarily good for the skin.
Clean, minimal formulas that meet some of the world’s highest safety standards.
SOME OF THE HIGHEST STANDARDS
- We adhere to Japan’s cosmetic safety standard, one of the highest in the world.
- We adhere to the Sephora Clean standard.
- All our formulas are non-irritating, non-sensitizing and mommy-friendly. We run 21 inter-nal tests for sensitivity and safety (and never on animals).
- We use exquisite ingredients that conclude in simple equations.
- Every ingredient is minimally manipulated for maximum efficacy.
Quality, nutrient-dense actives that are directly sourced.
- Our actives come from the purest sources on record.
- At the Tatcha Institute, we often test hundreds of types to find the highest quality.
- Our formulas are based on the trinity of superfoods credited with Japanese longevity.
- Our double fermentation yields highly beneficial lactic acid, not alcohol, as well as enzymes, amino acids and minerals, all of which are building blocks of cellular health.
- We directly source our actives in the fields and seas of Japan.
- Our scientists are trained as raw food suppliers.
Centuries-old proven rituals based in nature, small steps and whole-person wellbeing.
CENTURIES-OLD PROVEN RITUALS
- We use proven ingredients and techniques still in use after hundreds of years.
- We are based on an 1813 book that documented the beauty rituals of the geisha.
BASED IN NATURE & SMALL STEPS
- We believe in the wisdom that small steps make a big difference.
- We formulate by observing what is naturally good for you to discover what is good for the skin.
- We see care for your skin as care for your health, skin being the body’s largest organ.
- We see skincare as a meditative ritual of self-care, with benefits inside and out.